Sunday, August 19, 2018

The Craziest Thing

We have worked on a flip house for over a year now.  It has been back-breaking work in almost 100 degree heat in Florida.  My wife and I drive over an hour each way to clean the pool and mow the lawn twice a week.  We have been working on painting and repairing for months. The house has been on the market for almost three months, and we have lowered the price twice.  No offers, no interest.  She buries a St. Joseph statue in the yard, and we say a prayer to St. Joseph to ask him to sell the house.

As I am cleaning the pool the same day, a butterfly takes great interest in me.  I circles around me, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten times.  I  call out to my wife to look at this.  By the time she comes out of the house, it is gone.  Maybe it is nothing.  But I've never seen that before, and I have seen very few (only one other) butterflies in the city this Summer.  I'd like to think it was an angel telling me our prayer was answered.  Because we got a great offer that day.  Crazy.

Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment